Do you need knowledge and concrete tools on how to promote cycling or improve conditions for cyclists in your country or city? Join our next Bikeable City Masterclass in Copenhagen May 13-17, 2024 and learn cycle promotion the Danish way.
The masterclass is offered by the Cycling Embassy of Denmark and our member, Urban Cycle Planning. We invite urban planners, decision makers, activists and others to experience the Danish cycle culture. You will get first-hand experience with Danish cycle solutions and the everyday cycle culture in Copenhagen.
Leading Danish experts from academics, consultancies, and city administration will teach you how they approach cycling. Through a mix of presentations, hands-on workshops on case studies, site visits and daily guided bike tours to study cycle solutions and urban spaces, our experts will give you inspiration to create more livable and bikeable cities.
What’s in it for you
“The entire masterclass gave an all inclusive experience. In addition to the principles learned during class sessions, hands on experiences were also included … It is a must attend class for every one.”
– Samuel Boamah Danquah, Road Safety Coordinator for Road Design and Transportation, Ghana
- Introduction to city development and cycle planning
- Working with bicycle strategies and bicycle accounts as tools for cycle promotion
- The political process seen from city council, administration and advocacy groups
- Cycle networks – Cycle Superhighways and Green Cycle Routes
- Cycle infrastructure design
- Traffic safety for cyclists, accidents, and systematic accident reduction
- People First Design – The Liveable City
- Cycling and public transport
- Campaigns and cycle education – Start with the children
Gain new perspectives
“Wonderful class! The political process classes were extremely helpful. The technical and safety classes key to develop the process. I like the case study develop across the class as it helped reflecting on the learning. Finally, biking together through Copenhagen and truly experience what it means to have the planning and infrastructure was key.”
– Claudia Adriazola-Steil, Director – Health and Road Safety, WRI Washington DC
What you get
You will get know-how of integrating cycling in sustainable mobility policies and climate goals, cycle infrastructure design, road safety, multi-modal transport as well as cycle education and promotion. We will also work with you to directly apply and translate Danish solutions to the context of your own city. The masterclass is also a melting pot of inspiration from the participants’ own cities and countries. You will receive a diploma for completing the Bikeable City Masterclass.
Deadlines, February 15, 2024
March 1, 2024
Price: 2,300 € per person
The course fee includes expert guidance, course material including back ground material available in Dropbox, and expenses for excursion to another city, bike rental, lunch and coffee breaks. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.